If you happen to get a Smartwatch, there is the tendency to get too excited and think the task is as easy pairing any random device with your phone. So, you might skip the need to follow a set-up guide. To avoid encountering problems in setting up the smartwatch, it is important to follow a set-up guide. From recommended settings to useful apps that can help, it is necessary to carefully examine the steps to follow.
Setting up your Smartwatch is based on the type of phone you are using. Therefore, the steps to follow would be categorized into two:
- Setting up your smartwatch with your android phone.
- Setting up your smartwatch with your iPhone.
How To Set Up A Smartwatch With An Android
There is a wide range of apps you can use to set up your smartwatch with your android phone. Of course, this is as long as it is compatible with the smartwatch especially the manufacturer of the smartwatch.
In case you find it difficult to use any app in setting up your smartwatch, you can pair your smartwatch in your android settings. Here are step by step processes on how to make use of some apps.
We have an exhaustive guide on pairing your smartwatch with your android phone. Click here to read How To Connect A Smartwatch To An Android Phone.
The WearOS App’s operating system is one of the popular ones used by many smartwatch manufacturers like Michael Kors, Armani, Fossil, TicWatch and many more.
For certainty, you should check your smartwatch’s manual to ensure that it is WearOs compatible. After you are sure of this, then you can go ahead and follow these simple steps:
- Open the Play Store in your Android’s App Power.
- Type in “WearOS” in the search box and once it is displayed, tap on INSTALL.
- Switch on your Smartwatch after ensuring that it has been fully charged.
- When your watch comes on, it will display “Wear OS by Google” on its screen.
- Afterward, click on “tap to begin” once it is displayed.
- It will display a list of languages to suit your proficiency, click on the language you understand.
- Read carefully the terms and conditions of the operation of the app. Clicking agree means you are comfortable with the terms and wish to continue the set up process.
- Open the WearOS App on your android by tapping “open” to launch it.
- Click on “set it up” or “start set up” on your android.
- Go through the terms on your android again and click “agree”.
- Now, it would give you the option of linking your usage information with Google. If you make a selection, the app will scan to find your watch.
- Once the name of your watch appears on the screen, tap it.
- It might take a while but it would bring up a code afterward both on your android and on your smartwatch.
- Once you verify that the codes match, tap pair on the screen. If the codes do not match, you can restart the watch and start the process all over again.
- Go on by following the on-screen instructions to complete the set up process. Once this is done, your watch is ready to work with your android.
If you still don’t get it, you can watch the video below from Google itself:
Galaxy Wearable App
The Galaxy Wearable App is specially designed to work with a Samsung Galaxy Watch. So, you might as well save yourself the stress of deciphering what app the manufacturers provided to work with the smartwatch. If you own a Samsung Galaxy Watch, go through these easy and detailed steps to pair your android with your watch.
- Your smartwatch should be fully charged before you commence the pairing process.
- Open your Google play store and type in Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear).
- Tap install once you find it.
- Open the app to launch it.
- Tap “start the journey” or “get started”.
- A list of watch models will appear on the screen, tap your smartwatch’s model.
- If prompted to give the App permission, tap Allow.
- The App will then display a code on both your smartwatch and your android.
- Ensure that the codes match and then tap pair or connect.
- If your android is not a Samsung model, you will be asked to install an additional app.
- Follow the remaining on-screen instructions to fully set up your Android.
Need a video demo, check out the video below from Samsung:
For other watches, you can simply just install the app the manufacturer has provided for setting it up. This can be found in the manual or package for the watch. However, if after installing and launching the suitable app, there are no features in the app to pair with your android, you can simply follow these steps for the android settings.
- Go to your phone settings and enable the Bluetooth.
- This would make your android discoverable.
- Turn on your smartwatch afterward to make it discoverable.
- Go on to select your smartwatch’s name in your Bluetooth settings.
- A pairing code will appear on both devices.
- Tap pair after ensuring that the codes match.
- Afterward, you can go on to use the app provided by the watch manufacturer to get your smartwatch working.
How To Set Up A Smartwatch With An iPhone
iPhones and iPads also make use of the WearOS app by Google. So to start off, ensure that both devices have been charged and turn on your Bluetooth to make your watch and phone compatible.
- On your phone’s app store, open the WearOS App and tap start set up.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on your watch, choose a suitable language and agree to the terms.
- Follow the onscreen instructions on the phone until it displays the name of the watch.
- Tap the name of the watch and pair accordingly.
- Codes will appear on both devices.
- If the codes are similar, tap confirm. If not, restart your watch and try again.
- If the codes still do not match, start the troubleshooting steps.
- To complete the set-up, follow the onscreen instructions.
The video gives a demonstration. Check it out: